Sadrienne

Bug Squashing Thread

Sadri She/Her Australia
The Conductress Roleplay Admin Resource Admin Roleplayer Writing Wrangler Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer

No doubt there are going to be heaps of these. 

While you're cruising the site and looking around, if you see anything that doesn't look or work right such as

• Skin issues
  • Typos/bad spelling
  • Wonky images
  • General badness

Please post in here with a screenshot (if applicable) and a link to the page it's on. Note that I've not fiddled with mobile display yet, so there's definitely some funkiness going on there!

Also, any questions that you have regarding the site would be useful for a future FAQ to be added.

Love you guys very much!

Sadri

Roleplayer

I'm not too worried cause you said you haven't looked over the mobile version yet, buuuuuut: the float banner on mobile blocks the ability to login/register, you need to scroll down and switch to the default theme. From a quick look around, the site is otherwise pretty fine on mobile, some of the layout (like the character adoption listing) breaks a bit but you can still read it fine? The social media share buttons are only showing their colours in mobile, and in my dekstop broswer (firefox), the icons are iforgotthenameforthem the boxes with just numbers and letters in them?

• Like 1

Thistle She, Her, Hers Australia
Roleplay Admin Roleplayer Writing Wrangler Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer

Either I am a dork and did something wrong, or the Search feature of the RPG directory isn't working; it says there are five listed (and I know for a fact my site is under that category) but it isn't showing any results. It *says* there are results... but its not giving up the goodies, lol.

EDIT: Is it because its defaulted ot level '0' for the content listing? If so, can we have an "All" option for content searching? It's great for determining sites for the purpose of joining, but annoying for just casual browsing - or using the directory to bring up sites to advertise on, etc.

ff063ce4cea1344dd2d5933a22e58d01.png

Edited by ThistleProse

Sadri She/Her Australia
The Conductress Roleplay Admin Resource Admin Roleplayer Writing Wrangler Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer

@Fox - Have tweaked mobile stuff a little, so hopefully most pages should be easy to read (and access to the mobile menu should be easier!)

@ThistleProse - Have removed the ability to filter by RPG ratings for the moment, as it's causing a lot of issues with the filtering. Gonna try and work out how to get that to an "all"... Just not sure how to approach it yet. XD

... I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but why won't my post info show all of my secondary groups? I edited my profile, and I've done hard refreshes and I've even logged out and back in lol. I can't find a switch I'm missing soo... my dumb ass miss something, or ..? lol

Screenshot of posts - I don't have the ability to 'like' the posts made by other people. Is this intentional? Do we need a certain number of posts, first?

ETA: also, thanks for fixing my user groups 😄

Edited by ThistleProse

xD I have all the questions lol.

Is it possible to change the Submission Author of a site? I created a Site Account and I want to make it the author of our Advert & Affiliates etc, but I can't find an option. Do I need to re-submit the ad and have the original deleted?

Sadri She/Her Australia
2 hours ago, ThistleProse said:

Screenshot of posts - I don't have the ability to 'like' the posts made by other people. Is this intentional? Do we need a certain number of posts, first?

ETA: also, thanks for fixing my user groups 😄

Good catch! Have enabled reactions for usergroups other than myself... XD

1 hour ago, ThistleProse said:

xD I have all the questions lol.

Is it possible to change the Submission Author of a site? I created a Site Account and I want to make it the author of our Advert & Affiliates etc, but I can't find an option. Do I need to re-submit the ad and have the original deleted?

That's one that I have to do, and it's been done. 😄

• Thanks 1

Thank you! 😄 To both!

Sadri She/Her Australia
12 hours ago, ThistleProse said:

Example

Code boxes stretch the page 😞

Fixered!

she, her Bucharest, Romania
Writing Wrangler Roleplay Admin Roleplayer
Posted (edited)

please change the poll questions' colours so that they can be actually seen! https://www.rpg-connect.com/topic/207-when-do-you-consider-a-site-dead/

Edited by Elena

I tried to edit my submission, to add more images, and got this error: (I was on my Site Account)

0b4ef547f0923383fdacf817cb47187c.png

Sadri She/Her Australia
On 10/6/2018 at 3:28 PM, Elena said:

please change the poll questions' colours so that they can be actually seen! https://www.rpg-connect.com/topic/207-when-do-you-consider-a-site-dead/

This has been fixed, and a few other CSS tweaks along with it. 😄

3 hours ago, ThistleProse said:

I tried to edit my submission, to add more images, and got this error: (I was on my Site Account)

0b4ef547f0923383fdacf817cb47187c.png

Wow. Wow, me. Cause that isn't the whole point of a site account at all... I've fixed that terrible permissions error, and apologies!

Kit she/her Australia
Roleplay Admin Roleplayer Graphics Maker Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer

It's a little hard to read the text in the text area thinger. I think this should fix that:

.ipsComposeArea_editor .cke_wysiwyg_div {
  color: /* nice and dark and contrasty */
}

:classic_love:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sadrienne said:

Wow. Wow, me. Cause that isn't the whole point of a site account at all... I've fixed that terrible permissions error, and apologies!

Just a note, the error didn't show up until I hit 'Save'. I could open it, but I couldn't save it. Not sure if I can make changes without trying to upload images, I didn't try. Just tried now; didn't even make any changes etc and it gave the same error.

Also, I could only access some areas, not all of them. I can access:
Site Name, Tags, Short Description, All Representatives, Screenshots, Image

Which means Site Members and Post Count etc can't be updated, nor the links to various areas of the site... or any of the specific information about the site that help sort it, I think.

--- Just re-read your post and the error is still in play 😞

Edited by ThistleProse

Sadri She/Her Australia
1 hour ago, ThistleProse said:

Just a note, the error didn't show up until I hit 'Save'. I could open it, but I couldn't save it. Not sure if I can make changes without trying to upload images, I didn't try. Just tried now; didn't even make any changes etc and it gave the same error.

Also, I could only access some areas, not all of them. I can access:
Site Name, Tags, Short Description, All Representatives, Screenshots, Image

Which means Site Members and Post Count etc can't be updated, nor the links to various areas of the site... or any of the specific information about the site that help sort it, I think.

--- Just re-read your post and the error is still in play 😞

Sounds like your account switch might be timing out before you submit. It helps to open a new tab with RPG-Connect open, and ensure that you're still "User as Site" in the userbar, give that a refresh to continue your session.

Otherwise by the time you hit "save", it has you under your personal account which has no permissions to edit the listing. 

As for the missing fields - they should show now!

I see all the options now... But...

- Switch accounts on the main index of the site, navigate to 'find a site', find my site, open it, click edit, scroll to the bottom of the page. Hit save. Receive error. The bar at the top says '[Icon] ThistleProse as World of Pern' - and maintains that change when I navigate back to the main index of the site after the error. I don't have any posting or rating abilities when logged in as Pern, so I know the switch is going through properly?

I also tried inserting an edit (I added some text to one of the fields) before hitting save. Again, it brought up the error. The text didn't save, either, so it's not a glitch? lol.

I see all the options now... But...

- Switch accounts on the main index of the site, navigate to 'find a site', find my site, open it, click edit, scroll to the bottom of the page. Hit save. Receive error. The bar at the top says '[Icon] ThistleProse as World of Pern' - and maintains that change when I navigate back to the main index of the site after the error. I don't have any posting or rating abilities when logged in as Pern, so I know the switch is going through properly?

I also tried inserting an edit (I added some text to one of the fields) before hitting save. Again, it brought up the error. The text didn't save, either, so it's not a glitch? lol.

Sadri She/Her Australia
2 hours ago, ThistleProse said:

I think I found the issue. Try again! (sorry about the hassle <3)

they/them
Resource Admin Roleplay Admin Roleplayer Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer

sorry if this has already been mentioned by someone, but i've noticed that a lot of what i assume are the font icons that are used in this site's theme don't show up in my browser. here are a couple examples that i really quickly pulled up (x and x). it's possible that it's just broken for me, i suppose, and it's really not like a game breaking deal or anything but i thought i'd mention it just in case anyone else is experiencing it as well. 

Edited by ulla
  • Thanks 1

Tabs SHE+HER US, PA
Roleplay Admin Roleplayer Writing Wrangler Graphics Maker Code Engineer
10 hours ago, ulla said:

sorry if this has already been mentioned by someone, but i've noticed that a lot of what i assume are the font icons that are used in this site's theme don't show up in my browser. here are a couple examples that i really quickly pulled up (x and x). it's possible that it's just broken for me, i suppose, and it's really not like a game breaking deal or anything but i thought i'd mention it just in case anyone else is experiencing it as well. 

Same for me. I just noticed cause of this post lol

• Thanks 1

Unicorn Queen Undercity, AZ
Resource Admin Roleplay Admin Resource Admin Roleplayer Graphics Maker Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer
On 10/12/2018 at 11:37 AM, ulla said:

This issue is in a lot of places. I assume that you are trying to use FA5. If so I wrote a guide on how to fix it here:

https://rpginitiative.com/topic/10307-how-to-get-fa5-to-work-on-your-ips-site/

Unicorn Queen Undercity, AZ
Resource Admin Roleplay Admin Resource Admin Roleplayer Graphics Maker Theme Tinkerer Code Engineer

Another issue I found is that screenshots are barely viewable in the listing screen:

At the bottom they are about 15px's tall which makes it impossible to see and do anything with.

Additionally, it looks like the embed for roleplay sites is broken. See above.